A 16-month-old boy in Russia swallowed 42 fridge magnets after his mother left him in the kitchen for just a few minutes.

She rushed him to the doctor for a scan after she realized that all the fridge magnets were gone. The X-rays revealed that her suspicions were correct.

The baby then had to be taken for emergency surgery and is now recovering.

This is what they found in his belly...

And here's the lesson...

Keep a close eye on children. Child proof your homes!

The good news is children will stop putting things in their mouths before four.