Do not plug space heaters into power strips, fire officials warn

With temperatures dropping as winter approaches, the Morgan County Fire & EMS is urging citizens to be careful when using space heaters. The department says supplemental heating devices cause many fires in the city each year, and citizens should always remember that "space heaters need space."  Do not plug it into an extension cord or a power strip.  With temperatures dropping as winter approaches, the Morgan County Fire & EMS  is urging citizens to be careful when using space heaters.

Power strips and extension cords are not equipped to handle the extra current flow needed to power a space heater and can overheat and even catch fire. Please be sure to SHARE this information with your friends.....

 

title

Content Goes Here