Fireworks Illegal In King & Pierce Co. But Don't Call 911

Calling 9-11 for complaints about illegal fireworks impact response for real emergencies.

South Sound 911 launched an online reporting system for fireworks complaints. Complaints may be reported online July 1 through July 5 at 6 a.m. in the following police jurisdictions: Fife, Milton, Orting, Roy, Ruston, Sumner, Tacoma, and University Place. 

People are still asked to call 911 to report injuries or fires.

A similar system is in place for King County, where illegal firework use in unincorporated King County can be reported online or by calling 206-848-0800.

This is the first year fireworks are illegal in unincorporated areas of King County. For the time being, the county is educating people about the new rule and will only issue warnings for first-time violators. 

More from King5 here

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content