3-Year-Old Inhales A Tiny Popcorn Kernel...6 Months Later, She Dies

2016 has been a tough year for a lot of people.  Some would say it's been one of the more depressing years in recent memory. That is especially true for the family of Mirranda Grace Lawson.

The 3-year0old passed away in November, six months after choking on a popcorn kernel.  Her death was a tragic accident, but now her parents are hoping to share their story with other families, and help raise awareness about the choking hazards that surround us each day.

It was just a single popcorn kernel that took the future away from Mirranda.

The family had been celebrating the birthday of Mirranda's mother when the toddler came running into the living room and collapsed on the floor.  By the time the ambulance got there, Mirranda's heart stopped.  Paramedics were able to get it pumping again on the way to the hospital, but she would never again wake up.

Tragically, the medical staff performed the Brain Death test and discovered that Mirranda's body was still alive, but that the young girl was gone.  Her family fought to keep her on life support.  But 6 months later, it came to an end. 

Her parents want to remind people that it was all caused by a popcorn kernel. 


 
 
Marty and Jodi in the Morning

Marty and Jodi in the Morning

Want to know more about Marty and Jodi in the Morning? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 95.7 The Jet!

title

Content Goes Here