in #CASE you missed it… Mom Fashion No-Nos To Avoid
We’re all getting older, but we don’t want our clothes to age us. Staying on-trend can be a challenge and sometimes it results in fashion faux pas that actually make us look older than we are. If you want your wardrobe to look timeless, avoid these common mistakes moms make.
- Wearing wrong fitting bras - If you can’t remember the last time you had a professional bra fitting, chances are, you’re wearing the wrong size. It’s a common problem for eight out of 10 women, but it’s not doing you any favors in the wardrobe department.
- Unflattering shoes - No matter what else you’re wearing, the wrong shoes can make you look dated. Save the sneakers for the gym and put on a pair of pointed flats or cute boots to upgrade your outfit.
- Mom jeans - Stretchy or baggy mom jeans may be comfy, but if you’re going for style, find some figure-fitting denim that complements your shape.
- Retro fashion that isn’t trendy - Sure, everything in fashion comes back in style eventually, but that doesn’t mean you should look like you just stepped out of a time machine. Your outdated looks may be aging you, so look to modern trends to put an updated spin on your look.
- Oversized blazers - Splurge on a blazer that highlights your features instead of wearing your dated one that may be making you look old before your time.
- Old-fashioned glasses - This is an accessory you wear all the time, so get some stylish frames that give you an updated look.
- Dressing younger - If you want to revamp your closet with current fashions, you’ll need to know what suits you. You don’t want to look like you’re trying too hard and some styles are better left to the 20-somethings, like crop tops with mini skirts.
- Black outfits - A well-tailored black outfit can be swanky, but donning too much black can make you look pale. When you’re in your 40s, your skin becomes thinner and wearing dark colors close to your face can emphasize paleness. But on the flip side, light-reflecting or bright colors can make you appear younger.