A survey found 45% of people with kids or pets feel like they "can't have nice things," because they know anything nice will just get ruined.
Here are a few quick stats . . .
1. 45% are nervous to buy anything nice, because they know they won't be able to keep it nice.
2. Two-thirds said their couch currently has a stain that was caused by a child or pet.
3. Kids and pets cause an average of $162 worth of damage a year to furniture alone.
4. The most common stains they cause are food stains . . . pen marks . . . spilled drinks . . . and stains from greasy hands.
5. 64% of people with kids said they're waiting for them to get older before they start buying nicer stuff.
6. One in five people say their couch took more punishment than usual last year, because they used it a lot more.