The holidays are quickly approaching, and you might be catching a flight to see your family and friends. This might even be the first time you will be flying since the pandemic. Times are certainly different and eating on the plane while wearing a mask can be tricky.
If you decide to eat before you fly, make sure you're choosing the right foods.
According to a dietitian in NYC, these are some of the foods you DON'T want to eat before you fly:
- High Sodium Foods - these can cause dehydration, headaches
- Carbonated Beverages - Avoid seltzers, sodas to prevent a gassy or bloated stomach.
- Alcohol - You can get drunk faster due to the cabin pressure and low oxygen concentration in the blood.
- Gassy Foods - beans, cabbage, cauliflower, onions, etc.
- Over-Processed Snacks - These foods can cause your digestive system to feel a bit unsettled.